Call for Papers
International Conference on Eurasian Economies
2-4 September 2020 – Baku - AZERBAIJAN
The International Conference on Eurasian Economies aims at bringing together academicians and decision makers involved in research about Eurasian countries in a forum to discuss current and future economic and social issues of the region.
This year's conference will be held in Baku, Azerbaijan, in collaboration with Odlar Yurdu University.
Submission of papers is encouraged with respect to the following topics:
- Economic integration, regional cooperation and economic associations under globalization and international trade.
- Political economy and international relations.
- Sustainable growth and development with special emphasis on immigration, poverty, social security, health economics and corruption.
- Transition economics with special attention to privatization, economic freedom, entrepreneurship, competition and institutional structure.
- Finance, global financial crisis, role of central banks in economic policy, banking structures and development of capital markets.
- Energy, natural resources and environmental economics.
- Tourism sector and its growth prospects.
- Environmental and agricultural economics
Deadline for Submission of Abstracts : 22 May 2020
Deadline for Submission of Full Papers : 31 May 2020
For participants from Turkey, Serdivan Turizm offers a complete travel/hotel/tour package. More information
Submitted papers as well as presentations and discussions at the conference can be conducted in English, Turkish or Russian. Each paper must be accompanied by an English title and an English abstract.
Abstracts in English as well as the papers must be submitted directly to the conference website at https://www.avekon.org.
Prof. Mükerrem Hiç doctoral studies support award
Prof. Mükerrem Hiç, who was the keynote speaker of the first conference in 2010, is remembered by doctoral studies awards given by his family, starting with the 2015 conference. The award consists of $500 monetary award given by his family and a plaque given by the conference committee.
Each year, the scientific committee chooses the best paper submitted to the conference by a Ph.D. candidate in the fields of macroeconomics, growth and development, monetary theory, finance, globalization or international trade. The paper must be authored by one or more Ph.D. candidates only.
If you meet the criteria of the award, your paper will automatically be considered for the award. No separate application is necessary. The award recipient will be announced at the opening session of the conference.
Best paper award
The scientific committee awards a best paper award in the amount of $1000.
All papers are automatically considered for the award. No separate application is necessary. The award recipient will be announced at the opening session of the conference.