Call for Papers
International Congress on Eurasian Economies
19-20 September 2023 – İzmir - TURKEY
The International Congress on Eurasian Economies aims at bringing together academicians and decision makers involved in research about Eurasian countries in a forum to discuss current and future economic and social issues of the region.
The 15th congress will be held in Izmir, Turkey, in association with the Dokuz Eylül University. The choice of Izmir is to honor the centennial year of the Turkish Republic in the city where the Turkish Independence War started and ended. Moreover, 2023 is also the 100th anniversary of the first Izmir Economics Congress.
Submission of papers is encouraged with respect to the following topics:
- Economic integration, regional cooperation and economic associations under globalization and international trade.
- Political economy and international relations.
- Sustainable growth and development with special emphasis on immigration, poverty, social security, health economics and corruption.
- Transition economics with special attention to privatization, economic freedom, entrepreneurship, competition and institutional structure.
- Finance, global financial crisis, role of central banks in economic policy, banking structures and development of capital markets.
- Energy, natural resources and environmental economics.
- Tourism sector and its growth prospects.
- Environmental and agricultural economics.
Deadline for Submission of Abstracts : 30 April 2023
Deadline for Submission of Full Papers : 9 July 2023
Submitted papers as well as presentations and discussions at the congress can be conducted in English, Turkish or Russian. Each paper must be accompanied by an English title and an English abstract.Please note that the congress will be held in-person only and online participation will no longer be possible. All presenting authors must deliver their oral paper presentations at sessions to be held at the campus of 9 Eylül University. Papers selected from the congress will be offered to be published in the Journal of Eurasian Economies.
Honoring the 100th anniversary of the foundation of the Republic of Turkey, as well as the 100th anniversary of the first Izmir Economics Congress, the organization committee has decided to waive the attendance fee for all participants.
Abstracts in English as well as the papers must be submitted directly to the congress website at https://www.avekon.org.